Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wow!  We are doing good... a new post!!!

On Friday Greg played at Addicted Cafe.  Sid and I decided to go out on the town, it being Friday night, and went down to join in the festivities.  It was a lot of fun!  Greg had a great turn out and the wonderful baristas supplied Sid and myself with free drinks and bags of kettle chips throughout the night.  Greg of course sounded amazing and had good time playing.  We always love it when he plays the cafe's because it means the whole family can go and Sid gets a real kick out seeing Greg play.  He also makes a great roadie and feels pretty cool helping Greg load up the car after the show. 

We were planning on escaping to Moab for the weekend for a little family get away, however thanks to the wonderful winter-like weather we decided to post pone the trip.  But, we couldn't be content not going somewhere so Saturday afternoon we spontaneously opted to take a "Down's Roadtrip."  For the most part "Down's Roadtrips" consist of  choosing a destination full of possible photographic adventures, strange side roads and of course treats for the car.  Needless to say 5 camera's, 10 rolls of film, 2 laptops, 1 tripod, an assortment of cables, a small overnight bag, 1 child, 2 adults, an assortment of cd's and TREATS we found ourselves headed west on the good ol' I-80.  After only one strange side road photo journey, and a philosophical discourse on mirages in the desert we arrived at the Salt Flats.  It was Sid's first time to the flats and he thought it was pretty strange.  After running around and taking strange photographs we decided we might as well head onto Wendover, (why not?)  Needless to say we all agreed Wendover was stranger than the Salt Flats.  After exploring the old airforce base we decided we had most likely seen the best of Wendover and headed home.  It was an excellent Saturday adventure.  We got home just as the snow was really hitting and settled in for dinner around the fireplace.  

This week has been nice.  Thank goodness for Spring Break!!!  I've enjoyed getting some extra sleep, drawing castles with Sid, and working on projects I haven't had time for lately.  Sid's Spring Break started today.  He say's he's going to miss his friends, but he's really excited to get in some extra pokemon battles, going to see Grandma Tana and Grandpa Joel and of course the upcoming infamous Johnson Easter extravaganza!  My Grandpa is renowned for his overly challenging Easter egg hunt.  It usually involves scaling rooftops and climbed extremely tall pine trees.  Sid looks forward to it every year!

That's all for the Down's Posse.  Hope you all have a great Easter weekend! 

10 comments:

Kim + Danny said...

Dude, I hope you get addicted to blogging. I really enjoy reading your posts. I have never been to the Salt Flats - it looks like you found some pretty cool stuff to photograph too.

Amy Johnson said...

I can hardly believe it! You updated!! I love reading about what you guys are up to! I miss you all so much and every day I'm scouring the town for a house for you to buy (not that your looking, but I can always dream!). Your art show was fantastic! You are so talented! Thanks so much for letting us come be a part of that with you! Love your guts!

Soto family said...

OH FINALLY! An update! Yeah!!!! I miss you guys! Haven't seen you in forever! We just missed you in Wendover! We were there Fri night for Sara Evans concert and left about noon on Saturday. Dang! I am so sorry we missed your art show! I heard it was awesome!! Let us know on the next one! LOVE YOU GUYS!

Caesy Jade Smith said...

Hi Guys!
Cute blog.I am so jeluos you got to go on a spring break vacation.It is so not fair.I miss you guys.When will you guys come up to see our family.'Cause Jason would like to see sid.Hey you can check out my blog at:allaboutcaessy.blogspot.com

Natelli Johnston said...

Hey there, I just wanted to say hi- I went to school with Greg and found your blog. I loved watching the you tube vids of Greg. You are really so talented. I think it is so cool that you do what you love. Natelli Taylor Johnston

jared and susan said...

Your salt flat picture was really awesome. And, I just listened to your utube video and your music was great. It's fun to see what you are doing, your family is really cute.

Natelli Johnston said...

you guys really need to update your blog more often. I might have to take you off my list.

Natelli Johnston said...

I really think it is time to update guys.

Kim + Danny said...

Miranda, the beauty of the blog is that you can still be a hermit. You don't have to actually talk to us, just blog bliggety blog baby. You have got to document your life for Sid - oh yeah, I changed my plea. Blog for Sid!!!!!

Kaja said...

miranda and greg - hi guys! i hope you remember me. miranda we had latin class together - we were the slackers and somehow finished our work before everyone else... interesting... shows what a little prodigy can do for ya. greg, glad to see you're still doing music - you're so talented. hope you guys post again soon, i'd love to see what you're up to!
kaja (brown) sample.